L&T, European firm set up JV for missile systems India #Hindustan360

#Hindustan360

Engineering conglomerate Larsen and Toubro and European missile major MBDA on Monday announced the setting up of a joint venture to develop and manufacture missiles in India to meet the country’s defence requirements. View more at #Hindustan360.

The JV, L&T MBDA Missile Systems Ltd, is expected to be incorporated in the first half of 2017 after necessary approvals. The joint venture in which L&T holds 51 per cent share and the MBDA the remaining 49 per cent will begin with the development of fifth generation Anti-Tank Guided missile, missiles for the coastal batteries and high-speed target drones.

Speaking on the occasion, Antoine Bouvier, Chief Executive Officer, MBDA, said: “Our business strategy in India has always focused on entering into a partnership at the deepest level, not just with the armed forces but also with the Indian industry.”

The settings up of this JV is a natural progression of our partnership strategy. With L&T, I am convinced, we have found the ideal Indian partner.
Antoine Bouvier, Chief Executive Officer, MBDA.

We have been trusted partners to the Defence Research and Development Organisation and the Indian Navy, delivering complete weapons systems and platforms, command control and sensor systems, designed, developed and manufactured in India for over three decades.
A.M. Naik, Group Executive Chairman of L&T.

“Over this period, we have worked closely with the Defence Ministry and its different arms in jointly developing and delivering cutting-edge defence solutions,” Naik added. MBDA has been one of the major missile vendors for India and part of aircraft deals, including that recently inked for 36 Rafale aircraft, and Mirage 2000 upgrade programme.

India have these missiles

  • Akash : Surface to air missile.
  • Nag : Anti tank missile.
  • Amogha missile: Anti tank missile.(under development)
  • Prithvi-I (SS-150) : surface to surface Ballistic Missile.
  • Prithvi-II (SS-250) : surface to surface Ballistic Missile.
  • Prithvi-III (SS-350) : surface to surface Ballistic Missile.
  • Agni-I MRBM : surface to surface medium-range ballistic missile.
  • Agni-II MRBM : surface to surface medium-range ballistic missile.
  • Agni-III IRBM : ocean to surface intermediate-range ballistic missile.
  • Agni-IV IRBM : surface to surface intermediate-range ballistic missile
  • Agni-V ICBM : surface to surface intercontinental ballistic missile.
  • Agni-VI : Four-stage Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.[1] (under development)
  • Dhanush (missile) : Ship launched surface to surface Ballistic Missile.
  • K 15 : Submarine launched Ballistic Missile.
  • K 4 : Submarine launched Ballistic Missile. (Undergoing trials)
  • K 5 : Submarine launched Ballistic Missile. (under development)
  • Shaurya : surface to surface hypersonic tactical missile.
  • Surya-ICBM : surface to surface intercontinental ballistic missile.
  • BrahMos : Fastest Supersonic cruise missile in the world.
  • BrahMos-A : Air launched Cruise Missile.
  • BrahMos-NG : Mini version based on BrahMos (missile). (under development)
  • BrahMos-II : Hypersonic missile.(under development)
  • Astra BVRAAM : Active radar homing Beyond-visual-range Air to Air Missile.
  • DRDO Anti-Radiation Missile : state-of-the-art Air-to-surface anti-radiation missile. (under development)
  • Nirbhay : Long Range subsonic cruise missile. (under development)
  • Prahaar : Tactical short range Ballistic Missile.
  • Helina : Air launched anti tank missile. (under development)
  • Barak 8 : Long range surface to air missile.
  • Pradyumna Ballistic Missile Interceptor : Ballistic Missile interceptor, surface to air missile.
  • Ashwin Ballistic Missile Interceptor : Ballistic Missile interceptor / anti aircraft missile.
  • Trishul (missile) : Surface to air missile.
  • Prithvi Air Defence : Exo-atmospheric Anti-ballistic missile.
  • Advanced Air Defence : Endoatmospheric Anti-ballistic missile.

View more at #Hindustan360.